Yoga retreats in Mexico
Hotel Xixim, a unique Mayan style yoga and wellness retreat hotel located in the protected Celestun Biosphere Reserve on the Yucatan Peninsula’s western beaches, offers Mexico yoga retreats in a new ocean view yoga and wellness retreat center. Xixim means “sea-shell” in Maya, (pronounced “shee - sheem”). Just a little over an hour’s drive west of Merida, Hotel Xixim’s Mayan bungalow suites, new yoga and SPA wellness center, and other facilities were planned with respect for maintaining the original tropical native vegetation, leaving an intact eco-system. Our endless white sand beaches are covered with thousands of “xixim”. At Hotel Xixim, we invite you to experience yoga in Mexico, in harmony with pristine nature, and re-discover the essential elements that give meaning to life.
What makes a Mexico yoga retreat at Hotel Xixim unique?
- Nature. Explore endless white sand beaches in year-round sunny days and clear starry nights. Swim in the shallow and gentle emerald green waves.
- Mayan Hospitality. Relax and be pampered by unique Yucatecan Mayan hospitality in an intimate resort.
- Yoga and Wellness Center. Practice healing yoga and meditation by the sea:
- High thatched roof yoga pavilion 43 feet in diameter with sea views, wooden floor, screens, ceiling fans, props, and electrical connections for music or videos.
- Circular wellness pool with round Jacuzzi and deeply relaxing oval poolside beds.
- Juice Therapy cabaña with seating and magazines for relaxation or quiet conversation.
- Fitness gym with specialized equipment surrounded by coastal vegetation.
- SPA. Enjoy massage, aromatherapy, and other treatments in private breezy cabañas near the beach.
- 32 Mayan Bungalow Suites. Awaken to doves and songbirds in a spacious high ceiling thatched bungalow:
- Screened doors and louvered windows open to the sounds of the waves and songbirds.
- Elevated queen or king beds with surf and sunset views, draped in gauzy netting.
- Private bath where birds alight next to you in an open-air shower enclosed in a private garden.
- Thatched covered patio with Mayan hammock and chairs for afternoon naps.
- Coffee or tea and homemade bread delivered every morning to your bungalow.
- Socializing. Join friends in the game area, video-reading library, in El Santuario Bar, or by the two pools.
- Learning. Experience Mayan history and myths (including the 2012 New Era), the largest pink flamingo colony on the mainland, henequen haciendas, interpretive nature trails, over 360 species of birds (13 rare and/or endemic), and turtle hatching.
- Healthy Yucatecan and Mexican Fusion Cuisine. Savor our signature home made breads and unique recipes, including vegetarian menus.
Receive our chef’s recipes in your email:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY YOGA & WELLNESS GROUP RETREAT PLANNERS
CONTACT US for yoga, wellness, and spiritual group retreats in Mexico.
Are you a yoga instructor or retreat group leader looking for a unique, secluded beachfront retreat hotel with excellent facilities for your yoga, meditation, wellness, or spiritual retreat group? We’d be happy to talk to you. We look forward to welcoming your Mexico yoga retreat group to our unique Mayan hotel in the Yucatán! What better time to come – in the Year of the New Era 2012-2013. Contact us for more information or for a group quote.